printer history

Reaction score
Is it possible to find a printer's history in Leopard? I have lost an important file and can't find it via spotlight, but know I printed it a few days ago. If I can find what files the printer printed I might be able to locate it.

Thanks

Reaction score
If you open an internet browser and type http://localhost:631 into the address bar and click on the "Jobs" tab at the top of the screen followed by the "Show Completed Jobs" tab and it will show you your print history.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Nice tip Robert!

You can also access it from within OS X itself:
System Preferences > Printer > Open Print Queue > Jobs (from menu bar) > Show completed jobs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
holy crap. this is the greatest thing ever!

Reaction score
You can also access it from within OS X itself:
System Preferences > Printer > Open Print Queue > Jobs (from menu bar) > Show completed jobs

Thanks Aptmunich but I was sitting at my Linux computer when I wrote it and knew that was one way of doing it!!

Reaction score
still does not actually open the printed file

using system preferences/printer/show completed jobs etc still does not open the printed file. It only shows you the file title and cannot be opened.

typing in http://localhost:631 does not work for me either. I get the message "
The web interface is currently disabled. Run "cupsctl WebInterface=yes" to enable it."

I type this in and get nothing.

any other suggestions on how I can view past printed files using OS X yosemite?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.