Internet is working VERY slowww.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2.4GHz - 2GB Ram - 160GB - 8x Super Drive
Well both my Safari and Firefox is working wayyyy too slow. I actually timed how long it takes to load up mac forums front page after my internet starts up (google homepage). Safari took 1 minute and 49 seconds. Firefox took 58 seconds. Each page I go to takes this long or longer, no joke. It use to take me just a few seconds to have mac forums fully loaded. I had a friend over with his macbook, older than mine, slower processor and less ram than me, his internet speed blew mine away, on my own network!! So i know for sure something is wrong with my computer. It is less than a month old. I am new to mac so I dont know exactly what is wrong and my friend could not figure it out either. I am having a bachelor party in about a month and 2 of my cousins were at my house on my computer looking for certain "girls" for my bachelor party, I am thinking maybe thats what messed something up?? I don't know. Any help would be great. Oh, and I also did a speed test and that is running fine aswell, my DL and UL speed is above average.

Thanks
-Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Are any other pages slow to load or just the m-f page?

OP
Tesla760
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2.4GHz - 2GB Ram - 160GB - 8x Super Drive
everything is slow to load.. Internet is just very very slow... should I use some kind of cleanup program??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Download Onyx and clean caches and run maintenance programs for starters.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.