Black Screen

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

Everytime I leave my computer for about 3 minutes or more my screen goes black and to get back into my computer I have enter my password and then I sometimes have to log back into MSN...etc. I want to be able to leave my comp for 20 minutes and come back and just pick it up and use it where I left it. I went into system perferences and set the screen saver to 45 minutes but the screen saver and this are totally different.

Can anyone tell me how or if I can stop the screen from going black?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

Everytime I leave my computer for about 3 minutes or more my screen goes black and to get back into my computer I have enter my password and then I sometimes have to log back into MSN...etc. I want to be able to leave my comp for 20 minutes and come back and just pick it up and use it where I left it. I went into system perferences and set the screen saver to 45 minutes but the screen saver and this are totally different.

Can anyone tell me how or if I can stop the screen from going black?

Go back into System Preferences but this time open "Energy Saver". From there you can set times for "Sleep". Evidently you have the sleep time set for the display at 3 minutes. You can also remove the requirement for entering your password by going into the "Security" dialog from System Preferences and remove the check from "Require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver"

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.