Software question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Snow Leopard - Intel Core 2 Duo
I hope this is the right place to post this question.

I am new to mac and I am looking for some author software. I have searched the internet and there are zoodles.

Can anyone recommend any? or know where to go to find what is good or not?

Thanks in advance

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Koila.

Are you using OS 9 or OS X ? If you are using OS X, you will have to ask a mod to move this thread (do not start another one ;) ) as the question is in the wrong section.

If you are using OS 9, some members here are still using OS 9 or are quite OS 9-savvy so help should be along the way soon. :)

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X

Thank you for your kind reply.

M

MacHeadCase

No problem. :)

Moving this thread to the appropriate forum, then. OS X Applications.

M

MacHeadCase

I hope this is the right place to post this question.

I am new to mac and I am looking for some author software. I have searched the internet and there are zoodles.

Can anyone recommend any? or know where to go to find what is good or not?

Thanks in advance

Do you mean author writing software as in screenplay or novel writing ? Or a programmer's tool ?

At MacUpdate searching for author brought these hits.

A google for author software OS X brought these : Avenir (now StoryMill) and Scrivener. There are lots more.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes that is the type of software.

I THANK YOU.

Sometimes I find that the Internet can be so overwhelming. It has a lot of goodness to it, but so much and I feel lost at times to know where to look and sometimes to even know what to look at.

I also know there is a lot of badness out there. Which is why I wanted a Mac. Something reliable and a good foundation to work with.

Everything is still so new and trying to find good reputable software as well is also so important. Then things can be overwhelming again. lol

I thank you so very much for putting me on the write path.

(hugs)

M

MacHeadCase

Well I forgot to welcome you to the Mac platform as well as the forum. :)

Glad I could be of assistance.

I hope you like some of the software You'll be trying out : a lot of the Mac platform's strength lies in the shareware, freeware and open source software. Remember that if you have problems with any of these programs, Mac developers are usually a pleasure to deal with : they really, for the most part, appreciate feedback on their apps or love having ideas on how to make the apps better.

So never hesitate to communicate with them if you can find a way to contact them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.