Finder Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
Since opening a DMG for a new widget I downloaded, finder constantly opens with a simplified finder unless I open it through a folder.
EG
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/142/picture1ke8.png

How can I stop it opening like this? I have long since ejected and deleted the DMG.
Little things like this annoy the **** out of me as I am a perfectionist, and if there is no solving it I will probably reformat my computer with a fresh OSX.

Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Try clicking the little capsule shaped geltab in the upper right corner of the finder...

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
Oh wow!!

Thats a bit embarrassing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I think everyone runs into something in OS X that they feel like they should have known all along. Actually, I don't think you ever stop running into those things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I think everyone runs into something in OS X that they feel like they should have known all along. Actually, I don't think you ever stop running into those things.

So true, especially with new OS releases every year or so!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1 Core 2 Duo w/ 1GB Ram
My only exposure to mac's was the mac classic almost 15 years ago. I just bought my macbook a few weeks ago and I have had a heck of a time( in a good way) trying to figure out how to do the most of simple things. I just figured out how to cut and paste with shortcuts after two weeks of doing it with ctrl-clicking. I still think it is far easier to use then windows and far more reliable, it was just a different UI for me to learn.
The biggest challenge for me has been finding good software to do what I need to do. Using the macbook now just feels natural.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
My only exposure to mac's was the mac classic almost 15 years ago. I just bought my macbook a few weeks ago and I have had a heck of a time( in a good way) trying to figure out how to do the most of simple things. I just figured out how to cut and paste with shortcuts after two weeks of doing it with ctrl-clicking. I still think it is far easier to use then windows and far more reliable, it was just a different UI for me to learn.
The biggest challenge for me has been finding good software to do what I need to do. Using the macbook now just feels natural.

Glad your liking it! You should try turning on two finger tap to right click in system preferences, it makes things a lot easier. Enjoy your Mac :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.