XCode Noob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
Anybody,

I am very new to xcode and coding in general, but with the newest SDK available for the iPhone I have found myself (like many others) interested in getting started. I downloaded the application called "SimpleDrillDown" from Apple's Developers Site. Below is an example of the code as I have revised it. The only thing I have been able to do is change the titles of buttons and windows.
================================

#import "SimpleDrillDownAppDelegate.h"
#import "MasterViewController.h"

@implementation SimpleDrillDownAppDelegate

@synthesize window;
@synthesize masterList;

- (void)applicationDidFinishLaunching:(UIApplication *)application {
// Set up the window and content view
window = [[UIWindow alloc] initWithFrame:[[UIScreen mainScreen] bounds]];

// Set up the table view controller
MasterViewController *masterController = [[MasterViewController alloc] init];
masterController.appController = self;

// Create a navigation controller using the new controller
navigationController = [[UINavigationController alloc] initWithRootViewController:masterController];
[masterController release];

// Add the navigation controller's view to the window
[window addSubview:[navigationController view]];
[window makeKeyAndVisible];

// Create an array containing some test data
masterList = [[NSMutableArray alloc] init];
NSMutableDictionary *dictionary;
NSMutableDictionary *characters;

characters = [[NSArray alloc] initWithObjects:mad:"A/F Ratio", @"Spark Timing", @"Intake Air Temperature", @"Engine Speed", @"Load", @"Boost Pressure", nil];
dictionary = [[NSMutableDictionary alloc] initWithObjectsAndKeys:mad:"Data Logging", @"title", characters, @"mainCharacters", nil];
[masterList addObject:dictionary];
[dictionary release];
[characters release];

}

- (void)dealloc {

[navigationController release];
[masterList release];
[window release];
[super dealloc];
}

@end

================================
My questions are...

1) After I touch "Data Logger" I want to be able to touch, for example, "Engine Speed" and a new window come across. How do I do this?

2) In this new window I want to be able to put a slider and a button, how do I do this?

3) Also, in this new window i want to be able to have an alert come up. how do I do this?

I have read a lot of the information, but it's not helping much. I was hoping I could get some good help here.

Thanks,

--
MacGuy18

P.S. This is an example from apple that I have played with in order to gain an understanding of how things work. I will not be using it for my personal gain. I hope this doesn't violate forum rules. If so, please delete.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.