Need help with Scripting for folder action

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
Ok, I have a script set up to upload all the images I put in the folder to Flickr. However, the folder doesn't empty itself after uploading the images. How can I change the script to delete the images after uploading them?

The current script is attached

Picture 1.jpg

OP
MBasile
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
need to change something else too:
When I drag images to the folder the script is associated with it moves the files to the folder, is there any way to make it copy rather than move?

Heres what I want over all:
-I drag images to the folder
-It copies files to the folder so they stay in their original location too
-It runs the upload to flicker automation/application
-It moves the copies to the trash

Reaction score
An ordinary ol' AppleScript ''tell'' script would follow the pathway and say: Delete every item of folder ''blahblah'' of folder ''blahblah'' of folder ''blahblah'' etc.
Then the files could be sent into the ether with the command:

empty trash

Sorry, but beyond very simple folder actions, I get lost. Your best bet would be macscripter.com, where there's tons of stuff. I don't think you can use it's search, though, without joining.

OP
MBasile
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
An ordinary ol' AppleScript ''tell'' script would follow the pathway and say: Delete every item of folder ''blahblah'' of folder ''blahblah'' of folder ''blahblah'' etc.
Then the files could be sent into the ether with the command:

empty trash

Sorry, but beyond very simple folder actions, I get lost. Your best bet would be macscripter.com, where there's tons of stuff. I don't think you can use it's search, though, without joining.

thanks for the help, but a lot of this I guess is just over my head :(

OP
MBasile
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
well this is what I get for trying to learn something new while sick

I don't know why I kept keeping it as a folder with folder actions, when the partial point of a folder is to store things, and I didn't want to store things in it. All I had to do was while in Automator was save it as an application instead of a folder action, and then place the app on the sidebar where I wanted the folder

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.