An accidental switch.

D

Desolate One

Holy crap, why didn't this happen sooner (my switch)? The Mac OS works! I'm still in shock a bit but I have to give it to them as a Windoze and Linux user, this seems to be a very happy median.

I picked up a G4 iBook since I've been wanting a notebook for quite some time and I had to return my Dell after 2 days (the thing was just crap). And I've been pretty down and out lately with current events we wont go into. So I Walked into the Apple store across the street from my place and chatted it up w/ one of the employees that recognized my shirt. One thing led to another (mind, gutter, out) and BAM! I'm a Mac user. And you know wot, I'm pretty **** happy about it. :) It's going to be a while until all (well perhaps not all. I really do enjoy Debian) the PCs are phased out of this house, but it'll be oh so liberating!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
You got that right!

OP
D

Desolate One

I can't wait to get my Base Station so I can be out back on the patio smoking a CAO and hanging out online. I simply can't believe how easy it all is w/ a Mac!

All my gloating may have gotten 2 more Mac users. My aunt and uncle were shocked in hearing how easy it was to setup. Next time I'll have the iBook with me and show them first hand!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Congratulations, welcome to OS X.

I know how you feel, just switched myself not so long ago, come from suse linux and win xp and knew my way around both.

Neither were running the way I wanted them to and it was always a fight between them and me...

Then came the ibook and I was knocked over. Never had migrating all my files to a new OS worked so seamlessly...

Now the only app i have to fight with is MS office 2004.

OP
D

Desolate One

Now one thing I can't get is how do I set my default view for finder on the list setting? I've changed a few folders and wotnot, but when I go to a new folder it's in those large icons. I've even went to show view options and made sure the radio button for "all folders" was selected and nothing, not even after a restart. I asked my buddy that has an iBook and he forgot since that was the first thing he did!

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.