Internet question for iPod Touch

Reaction score
I was just wondering. Is there a LEGAL way of getting wifi everywhere you go?like now the only way you get internet is if you have a wireless Internet in your house. What if you want to like use it anywhere? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You can use it any place that offers free Wi-Fi. You can often find such networks at cafes, colleges, and some bookstores. Then you have the Wi-Fi networks that you have to pay for or have a subscription for, such as those at airports or Starbucks.

Note that all of these are legal ways to use Wi-Fi networks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Did you not read my post?

You can get free Wi-Fi in the places that offer free Wi-Fi. You'll have to pay for the ones that require you to pay.

What part of that do you not get?

Reaction score
Frankly, this is why the iPod Touch wifi, and related wifi applications, are of limited value to me. If I'm at home, I'll use my laptop or desktop to surf, check stock prices, mail, etc. When I travel, it's impossible to find free wifi. Even with those that charge, you can't figure out which are widely available so that you don't end up having to pay for 2 or 3 different services so you've got coverage in various airports, hotels, etc.

I assume that at some point soon, there will be the some consolidation of this, or wifi devices will include cellular broadband cards so you can use AT&T, Verizon, etc., wireless networks.

At the end of the day, they could remove the wifi capability of the iPod Touch and it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.