Custom Spec Mac Pro's

Reaction score
is there anywhere in the uk i can get a custom spec 8 core mac pro?

for instance, i really want 4gig of ram at least...

and two 500 gig hd's, where would be the best place to order this from...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
My first thought would be this is barely custom. Can't you order it from the Apple store that way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Apple will charge incredible amounts to put in these add-ons. See their website for pricing.
I would recommend doing it yourself because Apple makes it so easy. Find a place in your area that sells the parts you need or buy online. I am not sure what UK websites people use for Mac Pro upgrades.

Reaction score
Yeah, just buy a regular Mac Pro (with the lowest 8core specs) and then buy the stuff from 3rd parties

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Buy the Pro you want and get memory and the hard drives from somewhere like dabs.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2) 2.8Ghz quad intel/512mb nvidia 8800GT/6GB ram/1TB HDD Macbook Pro 15" stock
I just bought a mac pro, i ordered it online. what i did was, buy the processor i wanted (2) 2.8Ghz quad intel's. Got the MINIMUM memory which was 2GB, got the HDD i wanted which was 1TB, id upgrade the rest later. I went for the 512mb Nvidia 8800GT graphics card, but i could have found that cheaper too. Got the wireless keyboard and mouse, cause its cheaper than buying it in the store. Got the wireless card also. I installed another 4GB of memory myself paying $200, easy install too. www.macsales.com Although you want to use two HD's you might want to use a raid configuration. I havent found a raid card aftermarket(the mac one is $700+!!!) I didnt buy it, but now i wish i did. Maybe another aftermarket one will pop up soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.