Leopard Upgrade from Panther on iMac G4 Help

Reaction score
So I bought myself an iTouch, got it home then realised I needed 10.4 or above
I bought my G4 iMac in 2004, and havent upgraded it at all, so it was operating on 10.3.9.

I have bought Leopard 10.5, it cam today - got it out of the packet stuck it in the drive, takes forever to load up then finally comes to life, saying that it doesnt have enough RAM to install MAC OS X.
as it has previously had MAC OS X Panther why does it state this?!

Im reaching the end of my tether now!
Am I going to have to take it to a shop to have it upgraded with more memory/RAM?

I wish I had just bought the 80gb iPod now.....

please someone put me out of m misery!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And as luishen implies, it must have at least an 867MHz processor and at least 1GB memory.

OP
S
Reaction score
1GB Memory = RAM yes?

I have 256Mb, but I cannot go above 1Gb as this will diminish the operating power - This is built into my Mac I presume?! I have looked at the manual so I know how to replace/change RAM thanks to louishen posting the PDF - I have found a supplier locally that sells RAM - I just need reckon out how much to buy to bulk it up to 1Gb.

As for the 867 MHz - sorry to be a dumbass - what does this refer to?
(does it refer to the intel G4??)

I'm dum when it comes to Computers - thats why I bought a Mac!! haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
867 Mhz refers to the speed of the G4 processor.

Your machine will accept 1gig of RAM in a single stick (putting any more in won't diminish the operating power, the machine just won't be able to recognise any memory above one gigabyte).

There's one slot - just plug it in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.