Cracked palmrest :-(

Reaction score
Hi All -

I have a 2nd newest gen white Macbook (2.2 C2D). This morning while at school I noticed a black mark on my right palmrest. Upon trying to remove it I found that it is a crack in the plastic.

I have applecare, and the laptop is less than a year old. There is no other cosmetic or functional damage to this machine, I've never dropped it or even let it fall down more than the distance from one side of my finger to the other as I place it down.

Will apple replace this piece of plastic? It's crappy that it happened now, I can't even take in my macbook for the next couple weeks because of finals and presentations. :-(

*sad*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Cracked palmrests was a common problem a little while ago. Just schedule an appointment at your local Apple Store and they'll have it replaced under warranty.

I actually have a similar problem with a small chunk of the plastic having broken off right above the light in front of the Macbook. I can't send it in because it's the final two months of the semester. I'll be sending it in as soon as I graduate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
mine's cracked too.

both sides of the case, where the ridges on the lid meet the bottom part of the case, there are two cracks which have ruined the look.
see?

CIMG0597.jpg

Sorry about the appalling focus and lighting my poor camera couldn't cope with almost no light in my room xDD IT'S A GOOD CAMERA HONEST

I guess it's just normal wear and tear, but it's happening on the other side too and it's RUINING my laptop D: unfortunately it's out of warranty so it would cost me to replace it :(

Hope you have good luck with your case mate

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
lightsguydave, that's exactly the same problem I have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.