Switch Complete, it feels nice..

P

paulgittelman@m

I recently switched from a pc to a imac g5 17" with a superdrive and 2gb ram. Needless to say this is the best computer out of the box that i have ever encountered, and i have had literally dozens of PCs, never shall i look back. The only thing that is bothersome is the fact that i cant copy DVD's as easily as i had hoped, but alas, sacrifices must be made for the advancement of human kind, i guess using 3 programs to burn DVDs isn't so bad considering.

OP
M

m1k

Glad to hear about the switch!

But burning DVDs can just be done from the finder window. I've done it before, you need like no software.

Just open the finder and click on the blank DVD. Drag the folders you want to burn into the finder window. Then click the 'burn' button right next to the picture of the DVD.

It's that simple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
My 2 favorite methods to copy dvd's (for backup only):

1) Download handbrake, rip and encode film, the burn as mentioned above.

2) Use Mactheripper to custom rip DVD (i.e. in parts or without menu etc) then use handbrake on Video TS folder, then burn as mentioned above.

Easy squeezie.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.