Gimp startup problems

D

danielb

I've looked on the web to no avail. I was hoping for some insight into a problem with gimp and X11. I recently upgraded from 10.4 to 10.5 and have broke my gimp installation. I get the following message when I try to start gimp:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libXrandr.2.dylib
Referenced from: /tmp/skl/Gimp.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.0.dylib
Reason: Incompatible library version: libgtk-x11-2.0.0.dylib requires version 4.0.0 or later, but libXrandr.2.dylib provides version 3.0.0
/tmp/skl/Gimp.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gimp: line 7: 572 Trace/BPT trap dbus-launch gimp-2.4 "$@"

It looks like I need a newer version of libXrandr.2.dylib. I have looked online but cannot determine how that is accomplished.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Daniel

PS. I have the latest X11 and have run all software updates. It is on an Intel based MBP.

OP
D

danielb

I did that. I guess I should have told you that gimp is at version 2.4.5 and X11 is at version 2.1.1.

Reaction score
Can't install combo update?

I tried that, but when I opened the installer package, it said, "This system does not need this update." I couldn't click continue or next or anything, except cancel. Although, I did do the Software Update version before. Please help. In the mean time, I'm downloading the Tiger version of Gimp to see if that gets me anywhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.