software update

Reaction score
Help! I've managed to download the new software update of 356mb that was recommended, but it doesn't seem to configure. I'm on dial-up and it took me forever to download this big update. After it downloaded it said it would have to restart in order to configure ok so I did that now all I get is this configuring box that doesn't seem to go anywhere and I can't do any other work while this is happening. At least I was able to use my mac while I downloaded the update but I can't use it while it is configuring and like I said the configuring doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Will it take me as long to configure as it did to download? and another thing I noticed when it is configuring, after I restarted the computer, it is no longer on the internet according to my phone line. So does it have to be on the internet to configure? Can anyone help??????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Dial up is a huge problem for a download that size. Many ISP disconnect after a two hour limit and I think using the computer whilst it downloaded is not a recommended thing. Personally don't think could have done a download that size when on dial up sorry joan.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What software did you down load?

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi rman, I downloaded the recommended OSX upgrade of 356mb, but now I can't seem to configure it on dial-up.

OP
J
Reaction score
I have downloaded it on my dial-up, I just can't configure it for some reason.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am trying to figure out what you down loaded. What version of the OS are you running?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.