Finally totally house switched!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20 in; 15" MBP 2.4 Ghz
Ok so as of yesterday, my whole house is converted to Mac. My son has a 20 inch Imac and I now have a 15" base MBP. After wresting with my network settings we are all up and running. I've set him up with a 750 gig WD Mybook, and I'm set with a 250 gig WD Passport. I figured he will need the space since he does art and animation stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
congrats on getting the whole house converted i am still working on that. I cant convince my gf to give up windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
I'm the only mac user in the house D: everyone else is so used to windows they don't wanna change and my sister is opposed on what she calls moral grounds.

This sucks.

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
I converted our house yesterday. My wife had a compaq for about 6 months and hated it so much that she stole my white macbook and I wasn't about to use a compaq with vista after using that macbook so I ordered a refurbished black macbook from apple and got the new airport express and now we both have macbooks. I did have a 2.16ghz c2d 20 inch imac that I got for 800 from a military friend being deployed but I sold it for 925 a week ago (couldn't pass up the 125 profit).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I planted the seeds of change in my house. I got my Macbook in December 2006 and within a year practically everybody had switched. The only person holding out is my dad, but that's because he needs to use Windows for work. He actually really wants a Mac. ;P

Oh, and my HTPC is Vista based, but that's because I like Windows Media Center better than Front Row

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Congrats on the switch! Isn't it sweet to be Windows-free? I bought my wife her iMac when I bought my MB, retiring her old WinXP machine and my new Vista piece of c**p, and neither of us has been happier with our computers.

BTW, anyone want to buy a Vista machine? It's only been used for 2 months? LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1 Core 2 Duo w/ 1GB Ram
I just bought my first mac about 2 weeks ago and I love it. It's a Macbook 2.2 with 1GB of Ram and a 120GB drive. Just a basic box but it works awesome so far. I needed a new laptop for school and refuse to go to vista. I am trying to get my fiance to switch over as well but she is still holding out that maybe vista will improve.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
We did something similar over time. I started with my Mac Mini switching from Linux as my primary, then my wife got sick of her XP desktop and we went all Mac.

Well, not really. Her old XP box sits next to me as I type this, but it's off and rarely gets turned on. The last thing I used it for was to convert some Garmin maps for a beta of their MapCreate software for Mac (they call it "Bobcat" I guess to keep with Apples 'big cat' themes for their OSes) which for some reason you needed to have a Windows XP PC to do the conversion of the 'unlocked' maps for their software.

Oh, and I suppose one could say that this other XP PC I have on the other side of my desk....nah, it has a TV card in it and that's pretty much all it functions as. I use it pretty much exclusively as a TV hooked to my DirecTivo and standalone DVD recorder. Kind of like if you've ever seen a crashed automated teller machine you'll see that it's running a version of OS/2, or a point-of-sale cash register that is windows based os-wise, but otherwise is a one-trick pony.

Okay, I also have a Parallels VM on my Macbook that is Windows XP SP2. But I only boot that up when I need to show people I can do it, and also to get recordings off my wife's voice recorder, which is not Mac compatible.

Other than that, it's all Mac all (99.999999999%) of the time. O:)

BTW for those that may have purchased Parallels to run the odd Windows-only thing on your Mac and you got it back when it was a version 2.X, then had them release the much improved 3.X version, they have a program where if you can prove that you purchased it at some time-frame you can upgrade to their latest version for free if you go through some hoops. I went through those hoops and just got my download and unlock code for their latest version today. So now my only "XP PC" that I ever really use (which is once again, on my Macbook) is now at the latest revision. For free!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
I gave my old ibook 1.25ghz 12 inch to my little sister for her birthday and now my dad called me yesterday saying he wants a mac and that he took a sledgehammer to his 6 month old dell because it kept getting pop ups and he thought someone was stealing his credit card information (he is a bit odd in that way). I thought it was so funny that he busted up his computer. He is looking at the macbooks and the MBP's now. Now if I could only get my mom to switch. I also got my aunt (mom's sister) and cousin to switch to mac, they got the new 20 inch imac and a macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
....took a sledgehammer to his 6 month old dell because it kept getting pop ups and he thought someone was stealing his credit card information (he is a bit odd in that way).

Literally, busted it up with a sledgehammer huh. That's pretty cool. :Evil: I think I'm going to do the same thing when I finally replace my wife's Dell laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.