Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
My sudden motion sensor has stopped working. It is turned on, I checked with

Code:
sudo pmset -g

and it says it is turned in I even tried turning it off with

Code:
sudo pmset -a sms 0

and back on with the "1" version of the command.

It displays that it is on, but in the system profiler is says it is disabled, and it is definitely not working.

I am running 10.5.2 and have all the latest updates. I called Apple Care and they could not figure out a way to fix it so they set up a return for me. I have to send it in and have it repaired but I would much rather try to fix it on my own. I don't want to be without my laptop. So if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Same Problem

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem here. Terminal gives me a "1" if it is turned on, and a "0", when I turn it off via terminal.

In my system profiler however, the status stays "deactivated" and stays that way. What to do?

Best Foebber

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As the OP did: Give Apple a call or take it in to your local Apple store and have them look at it. I don't think it's something you can repair yourself since it's probably built into ROM.

To the OP: As above, it's not something that can be repaired by the user.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.