Mac printer sharing

Reaction score
i have used these forums to solve lots of my technical questions over the years! and this is the first time i have had to post- hope someone can help me.

the problem.

i have a home network with imac running tiger connected directly to canon mp150 printer via usb, and a macbook. my macbook was running tiger initially and i had set up printer sharing- was easy and all worked well. the laptop on wifi "found" the printer after print sharing was turned on on my desktop and away i went.

however, since upgrading to leopard on my lap top (but not the desktop- memory issues) i can no longer print form my laptop. i have tried:
installing latest drivers on both machines
"reseting printers" in the printers control panel

whenever i open printers on the laptop i cannot see the "shared" printer. once, after resetting printing system i saw the printer as a bonjour printer and thought hallelujah! but after selecting it i got a cogwheel for a while and then it went away never to reappear?!

im desparate- have used macs for 20 years and can't believe that this is so hard to solve?
any suggestions?

thanks in advance,
your humble servant

george

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.