Airport Extreme Flashing Orange Light

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch Intel iMac 2.4 GHZ, 2GB RAM, 320 GB HDD and Running OSX 10.5.5
What does this mean? I have had it for about a week and ever since I plugged it in the light on the front has been flashing orange.

Reaction score
Has the Extreme ever worked? An orange light indicates that it can not get an address from your ISP; or that it hasn't ever been configured.
Oh, and welcome aboard!

Reaction score
If the Airport Extreme is set up for this, a flashing orange light will mean that a firmware update is available for it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If the Airport Extreme is set up for this, a flashing orange light will mean that a firmware update is available for it.

i am new with Mac's, do I just update it like I would the OS or is it different?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz MBP 2gb ram, 200gb 7200rmp hd, 512mb 8600gt
it also means that you dont have security enabled.

Reaction score
Updating the Airport Extreme Base Station firmware is done through the Airport Utility. When you open up the AU, if there is new firmware available, you will get a message to that effect, and you can choose to upgrade. Just as with the Mac itself, the AEBS firmware updating process is simple and "it just works".

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Updating the Airport Extreme Base Station firmware is done through the Airport Utility. When you open up the AU, if there is new firmware available, you will get a message to that effect, and you can choose to upgrade. Just as with the Mac itself, the AEBS firmware updating process is simple and "it just works".

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! It works now! I was getting tired of an orange flashing light lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.