Mac Mail Keeps crashing

Reaction score
recently mail has stopped downloading messages from my two IMAP accounts (gmail and fusemail) then when I try to "get mail" and/or quit and restart the application it crashes. I've tried deleting the two accounts and setting them up again from scratch, but that doesn't work. The problem seems to be irrespective of which email client I use, it won't pull in either.

Is there some way to delete just the mail application and re install it or just completely reset the app?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
You could try creating a new user account and see if the problem continues. If it does, then delete the app and reinstall using a program called Pacifist, with your install disk.
It could also be a corrupt preference file for Mail. You can use Spotlight to search for them, then delete the files and restart.
One or both options should solve the problem.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks i think it will just be easier to re install mac mail...can i just drag and drop my folders from mac mail into another folder to preserve those emails so i can put them back in mail once i reinstall it?

thanks for the help thus far....much appreciated!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
You have the right idea. Move them so nothing happens to them. :)
Always have a backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.