Getting Music off of iPod

P

prophet

Ok, right now I have a 3rd Gen 15 gig iPod that I use on my iBook.

Being as my iBook only has a 40 gig hard disk, every once in a while I delete the copy of the music that's on my laptop, and run the music straight off of the iPod, as to conserve hard drive space.

I also have several gigs of music lingering on my parents PC that I need to remove.

Now, I have two problems I have to solve...

First, How can I get music off of my iPod and back on my laptop, and what should I do to get all of my mp3s from the PC on my iPod without having the iPod automatically formating to the PCs playlist which is completely different. I'm trying not to lose any music here, or have to burn a half dozen CDs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
how is pod2mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
prophet said:
First, How can I get music off of my iPod and back on my laptop, and what should I do to get all of my mp3s from the PC on my iPod without having the iPod automatically formating to the PCs playlist which is completely different. I'm trying not to lose any music here, or have to burn a half dozen CDs.

I really like iPod Access (v3.1.5 now I think). It will load the songs right into iTunes for you as well. Trial copies 5 at a time otherwise fully functional, registration is $10 and instantaneous, I thought it was worth it.

Version Tracker has it here: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17877

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.