problems with Leopard

Reaction score
I installed Leopard on my Macbook (that is less than a year old) just about two months ago, and since then I have had problems that are DRIVING me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are my problems:
1. The mouse periodically freezes, forcing me to restart. Occasionally, upon restart, the computer again freezes at the user page, and I have to once again restart.
2. Sometimes, Safari gives me an error page stating that it can't find the server for a particular web page. It does this for every page I go to during a particular period, which forces me to quit Safari, restart the airport (sometimes more than once), and then hold the return key down after I type in an address. After about 30 seconds, it finally finds the web page in question, and the browser works fine again. Even then, I sometimes have server errors with some web pages, and I have to open them in Netscape (my alternate browser of choice).
3. On some web pages that I used to be able to open in Safari, I am now not able to open because apparently my browser does not enable cookies. I checked the preferences, and it indicates that cookies ARE allowed for all web pages, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
4. I use Parallels Desktop (which allows me to open Windows within the Mac operating system, in case you don't know), but it requires me to type in an administrator password whenever I start or stop the Windows operating system. Is there any way to disable this requirement?
5. The system time often changes itself seemingly overnight. For example, as I'm writing this, the time in the menu bar says it's 12:17 PM when it's really 5:17 PM. Then, tomorrow, when I wake my computer from sleep, the time will magically be correct again. The system time is automatically updated by Apple (I think), so I'm not sure why it would do this.

Just wanted to mention that I DO often restart my computer, because I was concerned that that may be the reason I'm having so many problems with the computer staying on too long without being given time to rest, but I still have problems.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I'd start with using Disk Utility. (applications/utilities) Run the Repair Permissions and Verify disk. Repairing permissions in Leopard can take awhile, so be patient.:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And of course you have updated to OS X.5.2?

There have been a numb er of reports a system upgrade cause some of these problems. Did you go that way or a clean install?

OP
M
Reaction score
yes

And of course you have updated to OS X.5.2?

There have been a numb er of reports a system upgrade cause some of these problems. Did you go that way or a clean install?

Yes, I have updated to OS X 5.2, and the problems continue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Question was if you upgraded Tiger to Leopard or did a clean erase and install. Sorry about misunderstanding.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If things do not get any better consider the erase and install as there are a lot of reported problems with upgrades.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.