"Sleep" issues when closing notebook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody OS X SL
When I closed my Macbook pro, It used to show the screen immediately when I opened it back up no matter how long I waited after closing it. Now however, when I open it from closing it, I get a black screen that is unresponsive. I actually have to hold down the power button to turn it off, then turn it back on to get back to my desktop. The strange thing is that when the screen is black, I can move the mouse to the bottom left and right corners of my screen for Expose, and hear the sound it makes. Someone please help! I've never had problems with my mac before this!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I also have this problem, I have been searching for a fix with no luck.

Reaction score
I too have this problem. It doesn't happen every time for me, but every once in a while I will open my screen from sleep mode, and all I see is black. I also have to shut it of via the power button. I hope there is a fix out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
my screensaver sometimes makes my screen go black too- an miraculously it comes back on after about 30 seconds after i hammer the power button. very weird!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.