MacBook logic board compatibility question

Reaction score
I have a liquid fried mid-2007 macbook 2.16 speed... I have found a logic board from a gen 4 2.2 macbook... does anyone know if I can stick this one in my book and have all the sensors and other contectors hook up with no problems... I expect the HDD/DVD/LCD connections will be the same... I'm concerned about temp sensor hook ups..

ray

Reaction score
In the worst case you would have to get a new heatsink with the right connectors. I think the temp sensor connectors changed with the 2.0 boards. You should be OK. I would also double check the airport card, since those connections have been slightly different in the past.

OP
E
Reaction score
Just got the 4th gen 2.2... your right instead of 2 temp sensor connection the 4th gen only has one connection... it also uses the flatter connection for the speakers, mic.. etc. Now, I just have to find the right connections are radio shack to replace the 3rd gen connectors....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
i've heard you can get a replacement logic board out of applecare- they offered it to people experiencing a 'whining' sound.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.