iPhoto picture location

Reaction score
I have run into a little annoying snag with iPhoto. Since this i my first Mac, this might be a silly question but. Where are the pictures I imported from my camera into iPhoto. I know the Library is located in my Pictures folder, but what if I want to see the individual picture files in Finder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I have run into a little annoying snag with iPhoto. Since this i my first Mac, this might be a silly question but. Where are the pictures I imported from my camera into iPhoto. I know the Library is located in my Pictures folder, but what if I want to see the individual picture files in Finder?

You can right-click (cmd+click) the library container in the Pictures folder and choose to display the contents. All your pictures are contained in there and will now show in Finder. Your imported, unedited, pictures can be found in the Originals folder

However, you need to be a little careful. iPhoto doesn't take kindly to any changes made to this structure. I'd be inclined to suggest that anything you want to do with your pics is done through iPhoto where possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Or just drag a picture out of the iPhoto window onto the desktop...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.