Any Apps or Methods To Watch Out for Online Security?

Reaction score
After years of Windows and seeing all the spyware and viruses spread around, I've become cautious and stayed away from online tasks which involved private info. Now, switching to a Mac, I'm willing to have a try at things such as eBay.

I was wondering, are there any applications or anything I should be cautious of if I want to get involved in things like this? I have ClamXav installed and that's about it (so far it hasn't detected anything..)

You can never be too safe for things like this, right?:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook
After years of Windows and seeing all the spyware and viruses spread around, I've become cautious and stayed away from online tasks which involved private info. Now, switching to a Mac, I'm willing to have a try at things such as eBay.

I was wondering, are there any applications or anything I should be cautious of if I want to get involved in things like this? I have ClamXav installed and that's about it (so far it hasn't detected anything..)

You can never be too safe for things like this, right?:|

I don't really worry but I do something to limit problems, not sure if these even makes sense.

I use Safari for all my browsing needs and Opera for anything bank related or paypal etc. Basically I think it reduces my chances of Opera being effected by my other browsing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Don't worry. You won't give away any personal information from just browsing and using the internet for your everyday ebay or banking needs.

Just avoid clicking on any link to ebay which you've received in an email.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.