Dogs Water Bowl: 1, iPhone: 0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
yeah, I picked my phone up off the counter to go plug it in for the night and promptly dropped it right into the dogs water bowl. It was in there for less than a second but was already spazzing by the time I got it to the bathroom and found the hair drier. Managed to get the back cover off and its drying out as I type. Last I checked it turned on fine, and connected to the wifi fine, but thought I was pressing the Bookmarks key.
:Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
I'd take it to the store you bought it from and see if it's covered under warrantee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The Apple gods don't like you, do they? First the MB battery, now the iPhone bath. eek!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
A few weeks ago, my iphone leapt out of my front shirt pocket and did a swan dive with a jacknife and half-twist into the toilet. (clean water, by the way) After hours with the hair dryer and setting it under a light bulb overnight, I got all the functionality back except for a band of the touch screen across the bottom where the dock is. So without that section of the screen, the phone worked, but was about 90% useless. I could receive calls, and double click to dial my faves, but that was about it. The Apple store looked into the headphone jack and said the moisture indicator was activated (it turns pink) and the repair would be out of warranty. So its 200 to fix/replace a 4 gig and 250 for the 8. A painful lesson indeed.

By the way, Applecare would have done me no good in this instance either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
That crystals cat litter is 100% disiccant. See if you buy a small amount of it and put the iPhone in it. The litter could suck out all of the water.
I read an article about a guy who did this and it fixed his cell phone. It wasn't an iPhone though.

OP
MBasile
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
The Apple gods don't like you, do they? First the MB battery, now the iPhone bath. eek!!

I think the Apple gods were just bored

The iPhone is back up at 100% functionality. Hairdrier+taking it apart via www.ifixit.com instructions (substituted steak knife for their fancy opening tool). It spazed out for a total of 20-30 minutes. Today while using my bluetooth my girlfriend said it was really staticy but I think that was more from my bluetooth crapping out because I had a lot of interference with it last week.

Oh, and Apple is sending me a new battery under warranty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
I have had an experience like this too! After about 2 weeks with my iPhone i was showing it to my uncle who decided to give it a bath in his coffee mug. Needless to say I was not happy camper! I went to the apple store and told everything that happened. The genius at the bar then said we will replace it, this was very surprising to me i guess they felt bad for me since im only 15

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.