Problem with Mail need help!

Reaction score
Then consider this your warning ;)

Seriously, if there's anything you'd miss on your Mac, backup. I've had two primary harddrives fail on me spontaneously in about 5 years. Not too bad considering how much I use my computers but my backups saved me both times.

Yeah, I'm usually a Windows user so I'm not used to things messing up like this.

But you're right, when using MacOS you really want a backup.

Reaction score
I just tried importing from Apple Mail to Entourage. But no mails got imported, only account settings etc. So I tried to export my mails from Apple Mail as .mbox and then import to Entourage. It worked, but I only got todays and yesterdays mails. So I guess im out of luck even though I can still see all my mails in Apple Mail. Just can't read them.

OP
Josh_MacMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV
I know Mail is using POP. I am 100% sure.

While I don't know how big my mailbox was I doubt it was very large, I have users at work with mailboxes close to 2Gb on our server and they are a LOT more email than I have so I don't think mailbox size has anything to do with it and my HD has plenty of space also.

When I get home tonight I'll check some things out again however I am not very hopeful I will ever see these emails again. I think I am just going to have to let the computer win this round.

Thanks for all the help anyways guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.