Microsoft Office 2008 registration

Reaction score
I have registered a copy of MO 2008 on two macs, both under the same name. now when the macs are connected to the same wireless network and use MO at the same time, only one mac is allowed to do so as the program is already in use by the same user name. Is there a way to change the user name to whom MO is registered to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No, technically your license only allows use on one of your machines at a time, hence why you're receiving the error.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Schweb is correct. Only way to get rid of that error is to get another license for the second computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
If I'm correct the education version has more than one license, and costs less.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Yes, Teacher and Student editions either Office 2007 for Windows or Office 2008 for Mac give you the opportunity to instal it on up to three computers simultaniously.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, Teacher and Student editions either Office 2007 for Windows or Office 2008 for Mac give you the opportunity to instal it on up to three computers simultaniously.

True, but since he has them networked together he can still only run one copy at a time. Also, the Office Standard edition of 2007 (Win) can be installed on up to 3 machines owned by the licensee. I don't know if that applies likewise for Office 2008.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You should have received three (or whatever) different license codes in the box. If you run the "Remove Office" script, you should be able to re-install Office with another license code.

If you don't have more than one license, then you'll have to buy more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
True, but since he has them networked together he can still only run one copy at a time. Also, the Office Standard edition of 2007 (Win) can be installed on up to 3 machines owned by the licensee. I don't know if that applies likewise for Office 2008.

Networked or not, you are allowed to have up to three systems installed in one location (same household) with the Office suite, and be able to register all three effortlessly, although I think he may have hit a bug or only has a single user edition, also MS Office Standard for Windows is single seat only, you have to get Student and Teacher to get the three seat licence.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.