Audio... stereo co-ax to headphone jack - adapter

Reaction score
ok, i was thinking about buying a speaker system for my mac, but i have a shelf audio system that the main unit does not work. i was wondering if they make an adapter to put the red and black coax cables that come from the speakers (very thin, and flimsy wires/common in car audio) to an adapter to plug into my macbook headphone jack. ive looked and cant figure it out. maybe the proper name for the wires coming from the speakers ?? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I am pretty sure the Mac would be able to provide the necessary amplification for the speakers.

You would need a receiver to amplify the signal before sending it to the speakers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
eh Radio Shack sells stuff like that, a 1/8th stereo headphone plug to a couple of RCA plugs to send say an iPods audio directly to a stereo, get that and maybe a pair of RCA gender changers and you could possibly drive a set of RCA plugged speakers direct from ther headphone jack, however, it won't be all that audible....need a amp between computer and speakers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.