iWeb - own domain name

Reaction score
I'm a relatively new user to iweb and after creating a basic website and purchasing a domain name (from 123-reg.co.uk) I'm struggling to understand the process needed to re-route the website to this new domain.
I've selected the link "set up personal domain" in the file menu within iweb. which then takes you through to my .mac account whereby I log on and select the "personal domain" tab. I then get an info box stating .mac is configured to host your domain 'www.myname.com'. But when typing this into the address bar, it just takes me to the domain host 123-reg.co.uk. The only way I can access my website is still through the default homepage.mac.com/myname.
Is there a simple solution to this problem??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you probably have to tell your domian host to release the name servers to .mac.. or atleast thats how its done with other hosts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
not a clue, its not my thing. Other people on here are web developers though so hopefully they will know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
you can always go to your domain host and have your address forwarded to you iweb page, that is what I have done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.