Help just bought a powerbook g4 12inch and apple cinema dispaly

Reaction score
Hi i bough and apple powerbook g4 12 inch 1.44ghz with the superdrive for only 1,200.00 on yahoo auctions came with 512ram. Well then I bought and 20inch screen to go with it. The screen already came and the powerbook is coming in three days. I bought the old screens the one that is white and plastic but it was bought brand new for only 700 dollars what a deal right. :D It also came with the adc to dvi adapter. BUT HERES MY QUESTION: Is there anything else I need to hook up my 12inch powerbook to my 20inch cinema dispaly thanks. Do i need to purchase any seperate adapters evne though i already have the adc to dvi adapter please help me cause im leving to the apple sote tmr so incase if i need something then I will just buy it their :tusks:

M

m1k

Yep, it should work. 12" PowerBooks have mini-dvi ports (no full-size ports), but all new PowerBooks come with mini-dvi to dvi adapters. Check if your 12" PB comes with it (since it's used). The owner might have lost it or something, which would suck.

If the adapter doesn't come included with the PowerBook, you can always purchase it from the Apple store.

Good luck, sounds like a sweet deal!

OP
S
Reaction score
m1k said:
Yep, it should work. 12" PowerBooks have mini-dvi ports (no full-size ports), but all new PowerBooks come with mini-dvi to dvi adapters. Check if your 12" PB comes with it (since it's used). The owner might have lost it or something, which would suck.

If the adapter doesn't come included with the PowerBook, you can always purchase it from the Apple store.

Good luck, sounds like a sweet deal!

thanks a lot that helped a lot im goign tot ask him right now iw ill let u knwo if it comes with one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.