• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD 08 menus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB OWC Mercury Elite Pro external HD 80GB iPod Classic
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I did a search and was unable to find anything on this subject. Maybe my search skills need to worked on :Oops:
I have been playing around with my mini DV camera, iMovie and now iDVD. I have successfully burned a project with iDVD. What I have notice is that many of the menu items in iDVD such as preferences are grayed/inactive. I would like to adjust the quality settings but I am unable to get to the setting because of the inactive menu items. Anyone else with iDVD 08 have any experience with this.

Thanks!

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB OWC Mercury Elite Pro external HD 80GB iPod Classic
Ok...I figured out what was going on. I was burning the movies in iDVD using the Movie Magic option. When this is done, many of the menu items are not available. Sort of a simplified way to burn movies. It works ok, although I think the quality could be better, hence me looking for options to better the quality.

I found that when you work with the movie you want to burn using "New Project" option in iDVD, this is when all the menu options are available and you can fine tune how you want to burn your movie.

I thought I would go ahead an pass this on just in case any other Mac rookie like me stumbles on to the same issue I was having.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.