Faulty Screen? Faulty Machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
Hey Guys,
every so often, maybe once a day, my screen will (in the blink of an eye) go white, then resume as normal. Which isnt a major problem for me, but 3 times over the last 4 mounths ive been presented with this (Please see images below).

mac_broken1.jpg

mac_broken2.jpg

When this happens my Pro is rendered completely useless, cant save or anything (I can move my mouse, which is displaying a colourful beachball; only just see it though).

Will apple do anything about this? I am a web designer, and its just my luck that it will happen while im working on soemthing.

Fortunatley, this time, I was just playing WoW :p

Thanks for any help !

Reaction score
Usually (and almost always) when your screen does that randomly, it's due to your GPU/Video Card memory being bad. You could try reloading your video drivers/Sofware and see if that helps. If that doesn't help, and your machine is under warranty, I would send it back to be fixed ASAP. It will only get worse as time goes on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
well at least you have some pictures. take it to apple, tell them youd like a replacement logic board. i see no reason in them not doing it for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.