Mac mail not saving drafts

Reaction score
OK. So I started typing out an email and I wanted to save it as a draft to continue it later. So I clicked "save as draft" and it puts the little "1" icon next to my drafts folder but when I click it it doesn't show it...

I'll try to save another draft, it'll say "2" but still no drafts appearing in the folder. I try closing the program and opening again and even restarting but it still shows the number of drafts next to the drafts box but nothing in it...

what gives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel iMac
Hi Airwalk331,

It's not that I like or dislike you, but I feel for your problem, though mine is the exact converse!

I get lots of saved drafts, even after the email is sent and replied to, they are still in the Drafts folder. I delete them from there and next time I look they have popped back! Eventually they get the hint and go never to return. Why is this and how can I get anywhere to help this stop?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
In both of your cases these draft issues are a combination of your settings locally on your device for Mail and your settings for your email server.
So if a draft is saved to your provider you have to wait till your provider syncs it back to you.
If it is saved locally as well you may get a duplicate sent back to you from your email server.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Darn, I missed that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.