Best Personal Finance apps for Mac

Reaction score
I'm new to Macs. Never used a personal finance program when I was a PC user, but it's time to find a great application that'll help me out. When I look online, most of what I read says, Quicken is much better than anything out there. I go to look for the Mac version only to read the worst reviews I've ever read about a prospective program/application. I've researched the new Quicken online, but I'm not sure it's for me. Quicken still has yet to come out with Mac 2008 - who knows when that'll happen. So what application should I use?

Reaction score
I have been using iBank for the past couple years and I have pretty mixed feelings about it. There are frequent updates which tend to fix little problems with the application but they always seem to add some new glitch along with them. The most recent problem that I have is that when I open up an account is randomly selects some transaction in the middle of the list so I am constantly having to scroll to the top to see the most recent. I heard this is fixed in version 3.0, but I don't feel like I should have to pay for simple bug fixes. Also, I wish I could turn off the auto-complete feature, but I haven't found a way.

There is a trial version so you can try so I would at least give it a shot since it does everything I would need quicken for but just a little cheap price tag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
I am using Fortora Fresh Finance and it works very well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I'm new to Macs. Never used a personal finance program when I was a PC user, but it's time to find a great application that'll help me out. When I look online, most of what I read says, Quicken is much better than anything out there. I go to look for the Mac version only to read the worst reviews I've ever read about a prospective program/application. I've researched the new Quicken online, but I'm not sure it's for me. Quicken still has yet to come out with Mac 2008 - who knows when that'll happen. So what application should I use?
I've been through both iBank 3 and Quicken Mac 2007. iBank was a pain from the start. It lost all my data not once, but twice before I gave up and went back to Quicken. After using them both and knowing a new version is due out this fall, I stuck with Quicken 2007. It isn't great but it does get the job done and I've had no problems with it at all. It doesn't look like a Mac app but it is usable until the new version is available. Besides that, the new version is looking really promising!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2 GHz Core Duo ! GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I love ibank. used quicken and quickbooks but ibank is the most user friendly and pretty

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.