• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A thank you from one of many who have received help here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
I am thanking all those who have helped me in my interest of learning and using the Mac. You guys and gals have provided invaluable assistance on even the most innane of questions and not once did someone cut me down for being a noob.

I still consider myself a noob when it comes to Macs however I'm picking it up rather quickly however I know at this juncture I cannot completely switch. Too much invested in the other platform to simply dump it but I find myself toying on one of my eMacs more and more, especially since I've now got a decent software set on it and the most current Mac OS, Leopard.

I've even copied from my main WIndows machine, my iTunes library (all songs honestly ripped from every CD I own !). Use it to play the songs which it does easily, Safari 3.1 is a fine browser no matter what platform, OS X Tiger or Leopard or XP Pro SP2. Also, I am a huge fan of the Dock, being a longtime Windows user, you get used to that Quick Launch bar Windows has had since MS released IE 4 with that desktop update for Windows 95. Having my most used apps in the dock sure speeds things up and aw heck, the Leopard dock with it's shine looks so nice!

I shall wrap this up now by saying this, I know I'm going to have more questions, some will probably be head scratchers, some might be as silly as "how I eject a disc ?" (don't answer that one, I got the new aluminum board for the primary eMac, it's got a button !) And if I can't answer my own questions with the forum search or Google, I"m headed here cause well, ya'll are great folks ! And hopefully I cna start to be a provider of information to others here. As the rule on the road goes, "The only repayment I ask is you help someone else down the road" And I fully intend on helping others on the same road as me in my Mac learnings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
That is sweet

You are right, the people on here are very well behaved and we understand that newbies will ask basic questions, but if you dont ask basic questions then you will never learn

thanks for the appreciation, we all do are best to help

and while I am here, a big thanks to the organisers and moderators of this site, it had seen a huge growth lately and they have all done a great job keeping the forum polite, clean and relevant to all us old and new mac heads

thanks

M

MacHeadCase

I am thanking all those who have helped me in my interest of learning and using the Mac. You guys and gals have provided invaluable assistance on even the most innane of questions and not once did someone cut me down for being a noob.

I still consider myself a noob when it comes to Macs however I'm picking it up rather quickly however I know at this juncture I cannot completely switch. Too much invested in the other platform to simply dump it but I find myself toying on one of my eMacs more and more, especially since I've now got a decent software set on it and the most current Mac OS, Leopard.

I've even copied from my main WIndows machine, my iTunes library (all songs honestly ripped from every CD I own !). Use it to play the songs which it does easily, Safari 3.1 is a fine browser no matter what platform, OS X Tiger or Leopard or XP Pro SP2. Also, I am a huge fan of the Dock, being a longtime Windows user, you get used to that Quick Launch bar Windows has had since MS released IE 4 with that desktop update for Windows 95. Having my most used apps in the dock sure speeds things up and aw heck, the Leopard dock with it's shine looks so nice!

I shall wrap this up now by saying this, I know I'm going to have more questions, some will probably be head scratchers, some might be as silly as "how I eject a disc ?" (don't answer that one, I got the new aluminum board for the primary eMac, it's got a button !) And if I can't answer my own questions with the forum search or Google, I"m headed here cause well, ya'll are great folks ! And hopefully I cna start to be a provider of information to others here. As the rule on the road goes, "The only repayment I ask is you help someone else down the road" And I fully intend on helping others on the same road as me in my Mac learnings.

Very cool post ! And thanks for wanting to give back to the community. Rep to you sir ! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
That's the shot nbrowser. A little kindness helps the (Mac) world go round!

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Yes, kindness does help, especially when you step in to a platform completely unfamiliar to you, and when you don't know anyone locally that have the Mac know how, having mac-forums.com is a huge help.

And as far as the "rule of the road" goes, I do lot of nighttime highway driving be it pleasure or trips for a purpose, I've come accross people broken down, whether it be flat or engine failurer as I sa last winter in our mountain roads, a stuck car pointed the wrong way in a snowbank, I try to help out as I can and when the helpees try to offer something, I always tell them to help someone else who could be broken down. Even a lift to the next town makes a difference.

However, I am now entrenched in the Mac way of life even if I don't use my eMacs full time, but I am learning rapidly, loving Leopard and heck, that stunning dock !

Many wishes for growth of mac-forums, it rocks !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Went from 0 Macs to 2 in less than two months....I'm addicted

Struth what will it be like in five years?????

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.