WoW and Warcraft III

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
1) Do they work on 10.5.2?
2) Which one would you recommend? Why?

I'm currently downloading the trial for WoW; it sounds like a great game and is very popular. However, WarCraft III doesn't have any extra costs involved.

Reaction score
I have a 24" 2.4 imac, WC3 runs well on it, but it keeps freezing when I try to quit the game. I haven't found an answer or a fix for this yet. I now play it in Vista via bootcamp, no freeze.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
1) Do they work on 10.5.2?
2) Which one would you recommend? Why?

I'm currently downloading the trial for WoW; it sounds like a great game and is very popular. However, WarCraft III doesn't have any extra costs involved.

Well they are 2 completely different gaming styles. Warcraft 3 is a traditional real-time strategy game where you gather resources and build a base. You control the activities of all the characters and "heroes" assigned to you for each chapter in the story/game.

World of Warcraft is a whole different matter. You essentially play "a" character and interact with others playing other characters. Often you join up with other players to build a team whose various skills complement each other to achieve more difficult goals. WoW is VERY time consuming and highly addictive. I used to play it and had a lot of fun early on, but you do get to a point where it's more a chore to play than actual fun.

OP
saxnbass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
Well, I've already got AoE III, so I may just go for WoW.
I'm assuming WoW works fine with 10.5.2
Last thing, if I have the WoW demo, do I just need to pay after the trial expires, or do I need to buy the game in the store itself?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The WoW demo, I think is the entire game and you'll just need to subscribe to the monthly plan to continue after the trial period. Think maybe you pay for the game online at the same time you sign up to continue. That's what I did initially. I did purchase one of the expansion packs later on at retail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
The WoW demo, I think is the entire game and you'll just need to subscribe to the monthly plan to continue after the trial period. Think maybe you pay for the game online at the same time you sign up to continue. That's what I did initially. I did purchase one of the expansion packs later on at retail.

Nope, they will want you to buy the game (simply for the License Key if you already have the demo installed, otherwise the people who paid for the discs before the demo was out will have been cheated.)

WoW is a great game, come play on Jaedenar as an Alliance character and ill give you a hand. Maybe some Money, depending whether you play..

My name in game is 'Eyon'.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You will not have to go out and get the physical disks. You can pay for it online. I did. Have never purchased the retail copy of WoW myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.