Macbook doesn't power off properly or fully

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've got this annoying problem with my MacBook since a week now. When I turn it off like usual, it proceeds to power off (all the applications closed and the screen went black as normal) but when I close the lid, the sleeping light begins to pulse and the mouse and USB hub light on. Then, when I try to turn it on again, it doesn't move! What on earth has happened to it? I have to press and hold the Power off button a bit longer for it to turn off totally and then start again. It's really annoying indeed! I've been consulting many Mac forums but it seems that their is no answer yet at the moment. I don't even want to call Apple care center because here in France we pay a lot for such call. Besides, there'll be no answer from their part either as many others have told me. I'm really desperate for your help in this matter. Thanks!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
first thing to try.

power it down - as far as it will go anyway...
remove the power lead, then the battery.
hold down the power button for about 10 sec.

replace the battery and power lead and restart.

see if this clears up the issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.