g4 350/256 struggling with clean install 9.2.1

P

paranoidjack

guys, just got a g4 350 and I have successfully installed 9.2.1 from the installation CD. Now I got problems-during boot (with extensions on), I get an error and it crashes. If I hold with extensions off, the comp will load to the desktop but then freeze before any icons appear. The computer will not allow me to boot from anything but a CD right now:

1) Tried holding C
2) Tried removing internal battery for 5 minutes (it seems as if it just goes right ot he HD as BIOS would on a PC)
3) Tried booting without the HD connected.

Any ideas?

OP
M

mateo107

problems booting mac

Hi Jack-

I just found this forums, so maybe you've already gotten this resolved. If not, there could be a couple of different things.

I would check your memory. You could very easily have some bad RAM causing your MAC to fail. Similarly, I would try resetting the PMU on the motherboard. It may need to be reset.

Please repost if you need more help, I'd be glad to try and help you troubleshoot!

-matt-
:batman:

paranoidjack said:
guys, just got a g4 350 and I have successfully installed 9.2.1 from the installation CD. Now I got problems-during boot (with extensions on), I get an error and it crashes. If I hold with extensions off, the comp will load to the desktop but then freeze before any icons appear. The computer will not allow me to boot from anything but a CD right now:

1) Tried holding C
2) Tried removing internal battery for 5 minutes (it seems as if it just goes right ot he HD as BIOS would on a PC)
3) Tried booting without the HD connected.

Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.