File Deleting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Hi
Can someone please advise me how to do this..... having previously used windows explorer and just selecting file and hitting delete I now find myself unsure where to do this on my imac.

I thought I had read somewhere on this forum not to delete from Finder, if so, where do I go to delete files. Seems I have a lot of duplicates of files in iphoto which also appear in my pictures folder.

Hope someone can set me straight as to where to go to delete. :)

thanks guys

Di-in-NZ

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
feel free to delete right from finder - unless the file "belongs" in some way to iphoto. i believe this can mess things up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook
Hi
Can someone please advise me how to do this..... having previously used windows explorer and just selecting file and hitting delete I now find myself unsure where to do this on my imac.

I thought I had read somewhere on this forum not to delete from Finder, if so, where do I go to delete files. Seems I have a lot of duplicates of files in iphoto which also appear in my pictures folder.

Hope someone can set me straight as to where to go to delete. :)

thanks guys

Di-in-NZ

You can use command-delete. You just hold down the apple key left or right of the space bar for command.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.