Starcraft on Leopard?

Reaction score
I'm new to Mac's, so I was surprised when I attempted to install Starcraft I got a message stating something along the lines of "Not available in Classic mode". Is there any way around this?

Reaction score
I found a couple Starcrafts, some for os X and some for os 9 and earlier. Check the requirements for where you got the game. If it's for classic os, which is what it sounds like, it won't work on Leopard. Tiger was the last os x that came with the classic environment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" eMac 1.42 GHz G4, Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
Yeah, at the link above, scroll down until you see the link to the native installer for Mac OS X. It can install an OS X version of Starcraft for you using the original CD for OS 9. It can also install Broodwars for you in the same fashion.

I don't know how the installation will run under Leopard though. You still might need to patch the install afterwards but even then, no promises dude. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
I just installed Leopard, and the OS X installer works. The game also installs perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
So you didn't get the message that I posted at the start of this thread?

Yes i did, did you see what louishen posted.

It's the installer for OS X (what you need), it will allow the game to be installed on ANY version of OS X. Put the game disc in, then open the OS X installer. Install game.

As i said, the OS X native installer works and allows Starcraft to be installed on Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.