HELP!!! having problems joining segment archive files

Reaction score
can anyone pliz tell me how do i join segment archive files?...actually i downloaded a video but these are in segments of avi files and the computer recognizes it as a Betterzip file but doesn't do anything...can anyone pliz advice me on how do i join it so that i can enjoy the video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Would the file names be like part1.avi.001 part1.avi.002 and so on ?

Reaction score
Usually you double click on the first file in the series and it'll unzip and piece it together on it's own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Without knowing what type of archive file you have, it's difficult to say exactly what to use. I'll hazard a guess that it's a RAR archive (the most typical segmented archive type), so try UnRarX and see if that opens it. If not, please post back more details of what you have (the file extension in particular).

Reaction score
Having issues with finding correct .avi joiner application

Hi- I have several .avi files and would like to join them into one .avi file to be converted and to be burned as a VCD. I can use iVCD to convert the final file, but need help joining the segmented files. I tried Jigsaw and you need to pay to use the full version. Is there a freeware out there that can do this? Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.