Cannot log in to email

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me why my password keeps being rejected, when i try to log in to MAC mail. I have tried countless times, i have even tried changing my password several times, but it still says macmail does not recognize my password.

This is driving me made, as surely it must find a password it likes at some point.

I am obviously doing something wrong, but i don't know what.

HELP please. Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
you havent really posted any helpful info that would help us help you.

what email system are you using? gmail, yahoo, .mac? what?

what are your settings inside mail?

was it working before with these settings?

without more info, no one can help you. You say you're entering the right password, so what advice could we give ?

did someone change your password?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
have you bought a .mac account? or were yu on the 60 day trial....because i was & my trial ran out a couple of weeks back so it started rejecting my password...which is ok...because i knew it would so i never gave that id to anyone...
apart from this...if you have a valid account...go to the .mac site & ask to change your password...you will need to remember the answer to the security question for this...

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, all sorted now. contacted mac, sorted password out.

thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.