deleting a partition - help desperately needed

Reaction score
i know this has been previously discussed but i cant find the answer to my specific situation.
i am using an imac and had a partition installed in it when i first bought it. this partition is given over to xp hardrive, which i now never use. i need to free up the 75gb of space that is laying dormant, but cant seem to delete it as it would seem that because i am using 10.4.11 and not jaguar, or whatever the latest 10.5 is, it renders my bootcamp obsolete so i can do nothing unless i purchase jaguar!!! is that right?
is it legal?
why should they be able to make a portion of my computer basically inoperable to me just because they bring out new software? you dont buy a car and expect them to stop letting you put drive it unless you buy a new engine, right?
ps. i have tried deleting thru disc utility but cannot seem to get that option to be available to me.
PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!
thanks in anticipation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.