stupid question

Reaction score
I am trying to write a script that will allow to install printers onto MacBooks Laptops. I have the script pretty much written in shell script,however, I am working on a gui that will allow the user to select the printers (only 1 or any number of multiple choices) with a select all button (which I am not sure how to code). I am stuck in Macs view on C++. I tried to use applescript, however it seems to throw some weird exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP). I have narrowed this error down to the applescript that compiles just fine in the script editor, but doesn't work in Xcode.

Is there some compatibility issues with applescript 2.1.1 and xcode 2.0 on 10.4.1 on PPC? My office is getting me a new MacBook pro with leopard. The stupid question comes in the form of: How on earth do you code the Cancel button first?

I have used

-(IBAction) cancelButton:(id)sender
{

[cancelButton:exit];

}

However it doesn't seem to work. Can someone point me in the right direction to get the GUI to call .sh files, get cancel button to work, the select all checkbox and finally the applescript compatibility.

M

MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Question has nothing to do with OS 9 or the Classic environment*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.