Standardize volume for podcasts in iTunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
When listening to podcasts (in particular, but may apply to music as well) I find that I am always turning the volume up or down (on my iPod) because the different parts of the podcast, and the podcasts themselves, vary in volume. For instance, the intro to a podcast is much louder than the podcast itself, and also the ending jingle or whatever is louder. This is very annoying to have to keep running the volume up or down.

Is there a way to standardize the volume across the board? I'd love to be able to highlight all my podcasts, and I guess music as well, and apply some sort of setting to them to make the volume standard. Anybody know of such?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
In the itunes preferences the playback tab theres a sound check option. That should do the trick.

Not sure if it will continuously adjust the volume during a single podcast though. Test it out.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Thanks for your reply! However, Sound Check was already checked, so it does not do what I am hoping to find. Have always had the problem, even with this preference checked. Anybody else??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.