.info and zbthumbnail.info files

Reaction score
Hey all, (not sure if this should be in the switcher part but sorry in advance)

I have recently started importing thousands of images off my old PC to my iMac to eventually put in iPhoto, I have read i should do this folder at a time to not just get one folder! One thing i noticed is a number of folders (that i guess were hidden on my pc) that are .info files that say are Unix Executable files! What do i do with these, can i just delete them or do i need them to access picture's later on cause i have photo's taken with different camera's. Do i need to keep them or just trash them is the question?

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Paul

OP
P
Reaction score
sorry also got some .THM from movie files, Havent got a clue what to do with them. Keep or trash???

M

MacHeadCase

I would think these are files that contain the thumbnails in Windoze (they are stripped on import in OS X) but I could be wrong.

Do they appear ok on your Mac ? If so, I think you can move them to the trash... Just don't flush them till you're sure all is well and everything opens as it should.

OP
P
Reaction score
they look like a thumbnail but just a plain grey box with green writing saying EXEC in the top left! Just wondered if they held important information about the images and might stop things working later! I have back up so i might just delete them and see what happens! cheers anyways

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.