MB graphical card

Reaction score
Hello,

I am thinking of getting my first mac.
But I still am wondering if I should get a MB or a MBP.
To me there are only two main, important differences; the screen size and the graphical card.

I am a nub when it comes to graphical cards etc..

My question is: is the graphical card in the MB any good?
And do any of you people find your MB screen (13 inch right?) to be to small?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Hello,

I am thinking of getting my first mac.
But I still am wondering if I should get a MB or a MBP.
To me there are only two main, important differences; the screen size and the graphical card.

I am a nub when it comes to graphical cards etc..

My question is: is the graphical card in the MB any good?
And do any of you people find your MB screen (13 inch right?) to be to small?

Welcome!

The answer to your questions really depends on what you'll be using your macbook for.

I have a 13" Macbook. It plays low demand games (Age of Mythology, Command and conquer Generals, Lego Star Wars II) the internal card is fine for that. In fact the newer model now has a more powerful card. But it's never going to be able to handle high-spec 3D, first person stuff.
The 13" screen is fine for me. It's crystal clear and suits everything I want to do. In fact the small form factor was one of the driving reasons for getting this particular model.

So for me the 13" macbook is perfect. However. If you need lots of screen estate and are a keener gamer then the MBP is a better bet.

But the bottom line is it's hard to answer your questions fully without knowing what you intend to use your mac for....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 - 17" - 4G RAM - 150G HD
i have a MBP and its like what "mrplow" said its what you need your mac for, im a designer and i use some really big images and also dabble in video while still being on the go so the MBP was a perfect choice for me (i have the matte screen) it also plays the newest games. its the all singing all dancing imo.

But having said all that if your only going to be surfing the web and doing a little manipulation nothing too big then it would just be overkill. My girlfriend is also like me a designer though she has a MacPro as her main machine she also has a Macbook to do her work while she isnt at home, and shes never complained.

One last point my MBP cost about £1800 thats a whole £1000 more than the macbooks, so price factors in too.

OP
Z
Reaction score
I appreciate your replies.

Basically I plan on using the future Mac / Pro for music editing, because I am a DJ.

I also intend to do some school work :).
Which means I need to use Solid Edge, Maple, BlueJ, and maybe some other things I can't think of now.

What would you advise me to take then?

Oh and is buying one on ebay a good idea, or should I buy it from the site?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 - 17" - 4G RAM - 150G HD
i mean again its your choice. personally id prefer to buy from the apple store, just because i know where its coming from although buying second hand isnt a sin or anything, in my opinion 1 bad product on ebay out of a 1000 is still to many for me.

And in regards to sound editing and the programs you just listed im drawing a complete blank i have no idea about any of them =D
sorry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
A mate of mine mastered his bands demo album on a MacBook, so DJ work shouldn't be a problem.

I can't help with the other stuff, but you could try looking for any user comments on the software manufactures websites to see what they are using.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.