Mac version of Paint

Reaction score
I am looking for a program where I can arrange and edit photos or create my own works however I am not looking to use photoshop. Is there anything similar to Microsoft's program Paint that Apple has out, or what are better options for me?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Something fairly simple to use like Paint is a free program called Seashore. It's pretty light and I use it for quick crops, resolution changes and whatnot.

Reaction score
Gimp

Gimp is an open source graphics editing tool. It's as powerful as Photoshop. I myself don't use it a lot (I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 4, and am patiently waiting for Elements 6), but it's quite good apparently.

If you go into Applications -> Utilities, look to see if you have X11 installed. If you don't you'll have to install it. I can't remember if it comes pre-installed on brand new Macs.

Graegaud

OP
J
Reaction score
^thanks, I think it is installed because I saw the folder for it today in my Utilities

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" eMac 1.42 GHz G4, Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
I'd go for Seashore like fleurya suggested.

Reaction score
I use one called Paintbrush. It's open source and works well. All the basic functions are there and nothing more. The text tool is a bit quirky but the program gets the job done.

You might want to try it on for size to see if it's for you or not. It's no SuperPaint, but it's enough to make up for the lack of an Apple-developed paint program. (Hopefully a combination paint/draw program will be part of the next iWork).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.